- I don’t have the iphone. I’m so inadequate.
- I forgot to put my towel in my towel warmer before I got in the shower and now my towel is room temperature.
- Stale Lucky Charms for breakfast.
- I have so much stuff that I don’t even know what to put on my Christmas list.
- Writing an English exam without your favorite pen.
- Cleaning before the cleaning lady gets here.
- I overslept, so I didn’t have time to take a shower, but I do have time to complain about it on the Internet.
- I couldn’t sleep last night because the wind rushing past my warm, secure house was too loud.
- My laptop is running out of battery but I left the charger upstairs
- She gave me a large coffee when I clearly asked for an extra large.
- The price to doggie daycare went up $2 a day for Rex
- I had to walk to three different stores before I could buy what I needed.
- My dog is obese and can’t fit into his Christmas sweater.
The majority of the world would love to have our “First World Problems”. Therefore, as you travel though your day:
1) Check yourself as to how often you complain about something that in the grand scheme of things is really quite inconsequential?
2) Then turn it around and make it an opportunity to be thankful. You’ll be glad you did and so will those around you.
3) Then take it one step further and consider sponsoring a child through World Vision or Plan. Helping others is a great way to bring life’s problems into perspective.
Do you have a First World Problem you would like to share with the rest of us?